About Patrick Maas
Patrick is a travel industry expert with over 13 years of experience in the car rental and hospitality industries. Patrick’s expertise comes from roles at Alamo-Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental, Cendant Hotel Group and Wyndham Worldwide.
Patrick’s career has been about driving revenue through travel distribution channels, leading successful projects in distribution, global sales and financial services, managing partner relationships and creating crucial sales reports. Patrick’s gotten the job done by engaging internal and external teams.
Patrick’s held key travel distribution, global sales and finance roles. He has proven expertise in travel distribution channels, business / product development, project management, reporting and social media.
Patrick was recently a member of a strategic team that led the successful transition of an outdated travel agent commission system onto a robust automated platform for Wyndham Worldwide. Prior to that, Patrick directed all aspects of global sales reporting that included conceptualizing, developing and launching vital reports for the department and outside partners.
Patrick is the author of the insightful blog, MAAS MEDIA, which features travel, political and government-focused musings.
Masters International Business (M.B.A.)
Nova Southeastern University
Bachelors of Science (B.S.), International Business
Florida Metropolitan University
CARLSON WAGONLIT TRAVEL, Paris, France 2011 – Present
CWT is a global leader specializing in business travel management. CWT is dedicated to helping companies of all sizes optimize their travel program and provide best-in-class service and assistance to travelers.
Project Manager, Global Implementations 2011 – Present
Oversee strategic global client implementation projects, processes, tools and continuous improvement through the coordination of CWT internal departments and related client resources. Provide efficient and cost effective implementations guaranteeing client satisfaction.
FWC Enterprises LLC, Mine Hill, NJ 2010 – 2011
An innovative venture offering consultative services in business development, supplier relations, distribution, sales, project management, and account management. The company provides strategic assistance with social media and brand, partnership and loyalty marketing.
Director, Business Analysis & Reporting 2010 – Present
In charge of gaining strategic insights into client accounts and provide decision support about strategy and key operational decisions. Apply quantitative methods and build reporting models to turn data into actionable insights.
- Successfully enhanced client’s database to streamline reporting capabilities for corporate accounts
- Developed client tracking reporting to assist in marketing and sales initiatives
WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE, Parsippany, NJ
2005 – 2010
Wyndham Worldwide is one of the world’s largest hospitality companies across six continents. Wyndham Hotel Group, the world’s largest lodging franchisor, encompasses nearly 7,090 hotels representing more than 593,300 rooms in 66 countries on six continents.
Director, Financial Services
2009 – 2010
Responsible for Wyndham Hotel Group’s $25M annual commission program. Experienced managing large-scale interactive projects from discovery and design to technical development and implementation. Monitor, participate in and recommend formal processes for internal controls surrounding the external reporting process to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) requirements.
- Successfully transitioned an outdated internal commissions processing platform onto a robust automated electronic processing system that connects 7,000+ Property Management Systems (PMS), internal Central Reservation Systems (CRS) and 3rd party processing system (TravelCom by Pegasus Solutions) – resulted in over $200K savings annually.
- Key contributor on the project management team charged with developing the strategy used to integrate new hotel brands onto the automated commissions platform – savings incurred from new process resulted in $150K cost reduction within the first six months.
- Designed and launched a portfolio of automated reports using Microstrategy used by internal Global Sales and Brand teams and external partners such as Corporate Accounts, Affinity Groups and Travel Agencies.
- Direct team of nine onsite and offsite analysts charged with research and customer service.
- Charged with all department communication to franchisees, brands and external vendors. Created a 30-minute online tutorial geared to assist franchise owners with newly-designed commission process.
Director, Global Sales Operations Reports and Measures
2006 - 2009
Spearheaded every aspect of internal and external sales reporting generating over $275M annually. Responsible for leveraging vast data resources to conduct analysis, develop insights, present reports and communicate recommendations –promoted from Senior Manager during time period.
- Created automated account workbooks critical to renegotiate global sales alliances. Liaised with Finance, Business Analytics, Sales Force Effectiveness, and Market Research to facilitate accurate and timely sales incentive reporting –prevented loss of key partnerships by making state-of-the-art online reporting available via SalesForce.com and SharePoint.
- Transitioned paper-based payment processing to electronic fund transfers (EFT) for over 25K global travel sellers – cost savings associated with new online platform equal over $200K annually.
- Conceptualized / launched global sales employee compensation reporting – automated reports reduced reporting man hours by 70%.
- Produced brand and property-level reports used to measure effectiveness of sales and marketing initiatives
Senior Manager, Distribution Technology Cendant
Led the distribution enhancement efforts for Cendant Hotel Group (now Wyndham Hotel Group).
- Key member of the strategic team charged with upgrading the multi-pronged approach to travel distribution (GDS, CRS, PMS, WIZCom) to an internal Single Point of Entry (SPE) system – cut man hours spent on implementation by 60%.
- Instrumental in making recommendation to streamline distribution operations by centralizing operations from three centers to one – cost savings associated with merging centers over $350K annually.
- Developed written Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and documentation of all newly established processes
VANGUARD CAR RENTAL USA (ALAMO – NATIONAL), Ft Lauderdale, FL
1997 – 2004
Alamo and National operate from more than 1,500 locations, primarily in the US and Canada, with combined fleet of more than 275,000 vehicles; 2004 total revenue of $2.9B.
Manager, Global Distribution Systems (GDS) Database Administration
2000 – 2004
Led process improvements and cost saving activities that helped company exit Chapter 11 post 9-11.
Charged with enhancing the performance of distribution channels. Company liaison for the brands, the four GDS systems (Sabre, Amadeus, Travelport / Worldspan, Apollo) Lanyon and ATPCO.
- Project leader in the introduction of GDS Direct Connect Availability (DCA) and total pricing display - improved market share by three points resulting in $60M in incremental revenue in the first year post launch.
- Instrumental in the successful launch of a dual-branded Central Reservation System (CRS) with connectivity to the four GDS systems – resulted in$35M annual IT savings.
- Managed and developed a team of database administrator analysts (DBAs) responsible for maintaining pricing, city policies and point-of-sale information in the companies’ network of database systems – developed a 120-page GDS training manual for new hires.
Global Distribution Systems (GDS) Analyst
1999 – 2000
Led the consistent definition and distribution of rates and travel policies throughout the GDS systems to ensure favorable brand positioning and accurate rules.
- Established a new communication process with Revenue Management, Information Management, Sales and Marketing - resulted in a reduction of over 50% in data input error.
- Handled troubleshooting and problem resolution with corporate-owned and franchisee rental locations.
- Used database-querying tools (Business Objects, Nomad, Cognos, MS Access) to support E-Commerce, Marketing, IT and Revenue Management in the consistent definition and distribution of rates and policies in the GDS systems.
Convention and Affinity Sales Representative
1998 – 1999
Managed 1,500 affinity and convention relationships generating $8M annually.
- Solicited and qualified new prospects and maintained account base – Increased sales by 50% in 14 months.
- Worked closely with in-house ad agency on product-positioning and branding for affinity partners.
- Expanded relationships with travel agents and meeting planners to grow convention business.
Corporate Sales Representative
1997 – 1998
Managed 2,000 small business accounts generating $5M annually.
- Launched direct mail and telesales campaigns —grew account base 20% and tripled revenue in 12 months
Won—Quarterly Salesperson Award twice
To download a Word version of Patrick’s resume, CLICK HERE.
To download a PDF version of Patrick’s resume, CLICK HERE.
Incoming search terms:
- patrick maas men at work
- fwc enterprises llc